Aetna Better Health of Louisiana Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana: Rehab & Detox Centers in LA That Take Aetna Insurance
Louisiana is an interesting, fun-filled state with a rich heritage, strong traditions, and fascinating places. Its state capital is Baton Rouge, and the entire state consists of 64 parishes. 1 State Facts The state population is approximately 4,700,000; and some of the major cities in the state of Louisiana are New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Metairie, Lafayette, Lake Charles, and Kenner. 2 Cities in Louisiana by Population (2023)
Louisiana also has several diverse fun facts as well: Louisiana has the tallest capital building in the country. It is the only state in the country that has parishes. The most haunted city in America is New Orleans. And jazz originated there as well. 3 50 Interesting & Fun Facts About Louisiana State You Should Know
Despite all the fun and interesting things in Louisiana, there are substance abuse issues abound. These substance issues are highlighted in the statistics below 4 Behavioral Health Barometer: Louisiana, Volume 6:
- 7% of people 12 and older used tobacco during 2017–2019.
- 4% of people 12 and older used marijuana during 2017–2019.
- 26% of people 12 and older used heroin during 2017–2019.
- 5% of people 12 and older misused prescription drugs in 2017–2019.
- 9% of people 12 and older used opioids in 2017–2019.
- 0% of people 12 and older used illicit drugs in 2017–2019.
- 3% of people 12 and older abused alcohol in 2017–2019.
Does Aetna Better Health of Louisiana insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana provides coverage for inpatient alcohol and drug treatment. This coverage falls under their basic behavioral health services. The covered services under basic behavioral health services that they provide are healthcare for psychological, emotional, substance abuse, and psychiatric problems. 5 ABH LA Integrated Services Handbook 2023 English
The level and specific amount of your coverage vary according to your selected Aetna Better Health Plan. However, each plan covers screening for mental health and substance abuse issues, prevention, medication management, treatment and referral to specialty services, and early intervention. 6 Covered Services-Eng-La
Rehabilitation centers can help check your insurance coverage based on the information you provide. The information you need to give them is found on the back of your insurance card. In addition, American Addiction Centers can assist you in finding out more about plan coverage. You can reach out to us via chat, telephone, or SSVOB form. We have representatives available to readily assist you.
What is Aetna Better Health of Louisiana?
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana is a state-contracted health plan that provides Healthy Louisiana services. 7 Who We Are This plan provides the citizens of Louisiana with various insurance services. Aetna Better Health has over 30 years of experience in the management of care of those who have various health needs, and their Medicaid plans help members get the care they need.7 Who We Are
There are American Addiction Centers’ rehabilitation facilities around the State of Louisiana that are in network with Aetna Better Health of Louisiana. Some of these centers are:
- Greenhouse Treatment Center (Dallas, Texas).
- Oxford Treatment Center (Oxford, Mississippi).
- Resolutions-Recovery Residences (Nationwide).
- River Oaks Treatment Center (Tampa, Florida).
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna Better Health of Louisiana Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana drug and alcohol rehabilitation coverage involves people who use several common drugs. In the area of substance abuse addiction, some of these commonly used drugs are:8 Commonly Used Drugs Charts
- Central nervous system depressants.
- Mescaline (Peyote).
- Synthetic cannabinoids (K2/Spice).
- Methamphetamine (Crystal/Meth).
To assist you in overcoming addiction to the drugs listed above, there is drug and alcohol rehabilitation you can go to for treatment.
How Much Does Aetna Better Health of Louisiana Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Different types of treatment are available to help you overcome substance addiction. These types of treatment are partially or totally covered by Aetna Better Health of Louisiana. The types of treatment are defined below 9 Alcohol and Drug Treatment.
- Partial hospital programs (PHPs) — In these programs, patients are provided with 4–8 hours of programming during the day and are allowed to return home at night. A key advantage is that patients are placed in supportive environments as they experience some of their triggers or stressors. In addition, these programs often involve participation in self-help groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Inpatient/residential rehabilitation — In these programs, patients receive 24-hour supervision under the management of psychiatric and medical conditions while they work on their addiction recovery. The programs are chemical dependency programs, and once patients are stable, they can move to outpatient care to continue treatment.
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) — These programs meet 3–5 times each week and last for several hours, often in the evening. In these programs, it is expected that patients participate in self-help groups. One advantage of intensive outpatient programs is that patients can continue to work while attending the program.
Does Aetna Better Health of Louisiana Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana insurance covers mental health treatment and care. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a comprehensive healthcare reform law that was established and enacted in 2010. 10 About the Affordable Care Act This law has provisions that health insurance companies must provide mental health care coverage for those they serve.
Co-occurring disorders are any combination of 2 or more substance use disorders and mental disorders. 11 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions These co-occurring disorders must be treated at the same time to improve the quality of life for patients, improve psychiatric function and symptoms, and lead to better health outcomes. 12 The Case for Screening and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders Some co-occurring disorders, both those involving substance abuse and mental disorders, include:11 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions:
- Bipolar disorder.
- Conduct disorders.
- Anxiety and mood disorders.
- Alcohol usage.
- Tobacco usage.
How Long Does Aetna Better Health of Louisiana Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
The length of coverage for alcohol and drug rehab programs is dependent upon several elements. These elements include, but are not limited to: the length of treatment you need, the severity of your issue, the presence of a co-occurring disorder that may need to be treated at the same time, and the rehabilitation facility you choose.
An Aetna Better Health of Louisiana plan manager can further help you determine how long your treatment coverage will be as well. The types of coverage, policy type, and other factors are different for each member. You can find your plan’s specifics on the back of your insurance card.
What if my Aetna Better Health of Louisiana policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
Your Aetna Better Health of Louisiana policy may not cover an inpatient drug rehab program. If they do not, you should not delay receiving treatment. Many rehabilitation centers offer grants, scholarship programs, or financing as coverage for your treatment.
To find the options available, you are encouraged to call the rehabilitation center. These treatment centers can provide you with the needed information about treatment funding. However, whether or not you can afford treatment, please make it a priority to seek treatment. Treatment is extremely important to overcoming substance abuse issues.
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana in Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network and out-of-network care are distinctly different. In-network providers include doctors, specialists, and other facilities that have a contract with the insurance company; and they provide services at a certain rate. 13 Network and out-of-network care However, out-of-network providers are not in contract with the insurance company, and you have to pay for services out of pocket.
To determine if the drug rehabilitation center you are interested in is in-network or out-of-network, you have to contact Aetna Better Health of Louisiana for your plan specifics.
How to find Aetna Better Health of Louisiana-covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in LA?
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana provides comprehensive insurance coverage that can be used for inpatient drug centers in and around the state of Louisiana. Many people have received substance abuse treatment that was financed through Aetna Better Health of Louisiana. The coverage amount ranges from partial coverage to full coverage, all dependent upon your plan specifics.
To verify your Aetna Better Health of Louisiana coverage, American Addiction Centers can also provide you with needed assistance. We have helped numerous people get their lives back on track and back together. You can call our helpline at , and it is open 24/7.
One of the leading American Addiction Centers’ facility that is located around Louisiana is Oxford Treatment Center in Etta, Mississippi. Oxford Treatment Center is in network with Aetna Better Health of Louisiana and provides the following services: co-occurring disorder treatment, inpatient/residential services, intensive outpatient services, safe medical detox, and telehealth addiction treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Louisiana.gov. (n.d.). State facts.
- World Population Review. (n.d.). Cities in Louisiana by population (2023).
- Destguides.com. (n.d.). 50 interesting & fun facts about Louisiana State you should know.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Behavioral health barometer: Louisiana, volume 6.
- Aetna Better Health. (n.d.). ABH LA integrated services handbook 2023 English.
- Aetna Better Health. (n.d.). Covered services.
- Aetna Better Health. (n.d.). Who we are.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Alcohol and drug treatment.
- HHS.gov. (n.d.). About the Affordable Care Act.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Co-occurring disorders and other health conditions.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). The case for screening and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Network and out-of-network care.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID