Aetna Pennsylvania Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab or Detox Centers
Aetna Pennsylvania: Rehab & Detox Centers in PA That Take Aetna Insurance
Pennsylvania has a population of more than 13 million.1 Some of the popular cities in PA include Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Erie, Scranton, Harrisburg, York, and Lancaster. With a sizable population, it’s not surprising that many people require treatment for substance abuse issues.
In 2021, there were 18,560 Pennsylvania residents who went into a substance abuse rehab for treatment. 2(top)
The following is a compilation of some statistic around the substances people misused in Pennsylvania in 2021:2(top)
- 6,253 residents went into treatment for alcohol misuse.
- 6,228 people sought treatment for opiate misuse, which included heroin.
- 1,040 people went into a treatment center for misusing cocaine (in all of its forms)
- 2,341 people misused marijuana and subsequently sought treatment.
- 2,245 people went into treatment for amphetamine misuse.
If you have a substance use disorder involving any of these drugs or something else, you can access Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania insurance and begin the recovery process.
Does Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
You can gain access to a substance abuse recovery program by using your Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania alcohol and drug coverage. Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania insurance has a behavioral health component that provides mental health and substance abuse services. Some of the services they may offer with your Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania substance abuse treatment coverage include: 3(p19)
- Inpatient rehab.
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation/detoxification.
- Non‑hospital drug and alcohol rehabilitation/ detoxification.
- Individual and group outpatient services.
- Individual, group, or family counseling.
- Inpatient psychiatric treatment.
For further details about your insurance coverage, you can contact any of the rehabs in PA. An admissions navigator will give you information about your insurance coverage, informing you about whether the facility is in-network.
You can also get insurance verification quicker by calling American Addiction Centers (AAC) and getting a list of Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania rehab centers near you. They can also provide you with the verification you need for your insurance.
When contacting AAC, you can call, use the chat function, or fill out the form on this page for details.
What is Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania?
Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania offers the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania the Healthy PA Private Coverage Option (PCO).4(first para) As a subsidiary of Aetna, Inc., they have over 150 years of experience. 4(first para) Aetna Better Health of PA provides patients with a healthcare solution that is effective. 4(first para)
Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania offers the only statewide Medicaid plan for members. 4(first para)
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna PA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania health and rehab facilities will provide a treatment program for the various substances that people might be struggling with. If you are unsure about the specific drug you are taking, you can contact the PA drug rehabilitation center you want to go to and ask if they treat that substance.
Some of the common drugs used by people in the U.S. include:5(top)
- Cannabis (marijuana).
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
You may be wondering how much your Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania coverage will pay for. One step in beginning the recovery process is to first determine what type of treatment you need. Different Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania insurance drug treatment programs and services are available through the treatment center you are admitted to.
The following outlines the different types of Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania addiction treatment programs:
- Inpatient treatment program: An inpatient treatment program is the most intense rehab program available. You will receive 24/7 services and care from clinical staff. During your time in the rehab facility, certified therapists and clinicians are there to guide you through the withdrawal process. In inpatient rehab, you’ll get into the deeper aspects of how addiction impacts your life and the lives of those around you. 6(p14)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP provides you with a solid program of supervision and services. You will be in a hospital-like setting that includes therapy throughout the day, then you go home at night. A PHP can last for an extended period of time. 7(pg.10)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): At an IOP, you also get a thorough regimen of therapeutic care. It consists of several hours of therapy throughout the week on an outpatient basis. 6(p16)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: A standard outpatient treatment program at Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania insurance rehab centers will consist of a weekly therapy program that teaches you how to overcome temptation and reduce relapse. 6(p16)
PA rehab facilities can offer you various levels of treatment that may be necessary for a full recovery.
Does Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Many Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania drug treatment providers offer programs for co-occurring disorder diagnosis. A co-occurring disorder consists of a mental health illness occurring alongside a substance abuse disorder.8(how) These two conditions may commonly occur in people who have at least one of the disorders. For example, if you have a substance use disorder, you’re more likely to have mental health problems. 8(why) It works the other way too. If you have a mental illness, you are predisposed to substance misuse. 8(why)
The reasons for being predisposed to a co-occurring disorder are unclear, but genetics and environment can be contributing factors. 8(why)
At an Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania health and rehab center, you can discuss a diagnosis and treatment plan with an admissions navigator. Due to the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you can move forward with a treatment plan.9 The ACA states that all marketplace plans must provide its members with essential health benefits that encompass mental health and substance misuse disorders. 9 Use your Aetna mental health coverage for co-occurring disorder treatment or just substance abuse, whatever fits your case.
How Long Does Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
When you begin your recovery at an Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania treatment center, you may question the length of time your insurance will pay for you. The first step is to determine how long you need to be in an Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania substance abuse treatment facility. Everyone’s treatment plan is different, depending on what their specific needs are. However, it’s vital to ensure that you get adequate care and services to complete your recovery and minimize relapse.
It’s also true that people’s Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania drug treatment policy can vary slightly, with different copays and deductibles. You can always check with an Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania substance abuse admissions navigator to see what your insurance benefits will cover for you. Additionally, you may check the back of your card to see what policy details you can find.
What if my Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If you discover that the Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania health and rehabilitation center does not cover an inpatient rehab program for you, you can always check other payment options. You have other financial aid choices that may be provided by rehabs that take insurance.
You can contact one of the Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania substance abuse providers and ask for information about their financial aid.
Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Be sure you work with in-network Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania rehabilitation centers. They are the ones that have contracted with your insurance to accept the rate for services, so your costs are minimized. 10(top) If you go to an out-of-network facility, you will pay more out of your pocket for the costs.10(top)
How to find Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in PA?
Contact AAC to get started on your journey to better well-being. An admissions navigator will refer you to an Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania rehab center near you.
AAC is a top-rated provider of addiction care throughout the U.S., with facilities near PA. There is the Sunrise House Treatment Center, which is around the PA area. It offers quality addiction health services to individuals with a substance misuse issue. Call the PA addiction hotline for more information about starting a recovery program today.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna insurance for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- United States Census Bureau. (2020).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (2020). Quick statistics Pennsylvania.
- Aetna Better Health. (n.d.). Aetna Better Health member handbook.
- Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania. (2023). Home page.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Clinical issues in intensive outpatient treatment for substance use disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- (2023). Network and out-of-network care.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Aetna Pennsylvania rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance