Cigna Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Me
Cigna California: Rehab & Detox Centers in CA That Take Cigna Insurance
California is a place that many desire to visit at least once. With so much beauty to offer, it’s cherished for perfect weather year-round, amazing beaches, and diverse culture. California is well-known for its many tourist attractions and landmarks, like the Golden Gate Bridge, Yosemite National Park, and, of course, Hollywood. People from all over the world travel to California to explore its most popular cities, like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.
Nearly 40 million people reside in California.1 Like most states nationwide, substance use disorder poses a significant health crisis in many California communities. According to a 2022 report, substance use in California is widespread.2 executive summary Twenty percent of Californians over age 12 reported using marijuana in the past month, and over half of Californians reported alcohol use.2 executive summary
Approximately 9% of Californians (about 3,600,000) met the criteria for substance use disorder in 2021, but only about 10% (about 360,000) received treatment.2 executive summary Many overdose deaths in California are caused by psychostimulants and synthetic opioids, particularly fentanyl.2 executive summary Fentanyl deaths increased tenfold in California from 2011 to 2019.2 executive summary p.2 – key findings include
California’s public health department has been doing its part to fight against the opioid epidemic and provide access to substance use disorder treatment. From 2017 to 2019, the number of facilities offering hospital inpatient care more than doubled, and facilities offering residential care grew by 68%.2 executive summary p.2 – key findings include Several options for addiction treatment are available throughout California.2 p. 34-39
Embarking on the journey to recovery may seem difficult, but there is help along the way. Whether or not you have insurance, financial assistance is available to cover substance use treatment services like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient services, behavioral therapy, and addiction aftercare.3 What are the Purposes of a Block Grant? If you have Cigna of California insurance, some, if not all, of the cost for these services will be covered.
Does Cigna of California insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Cigna of California insurance covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab centers along with many other addiction treatment services. Your level of coverage will depend on different factors, like the type of treatment you need, the duration of your treatment, and your specific insurance plan.
Find out exactly what is covered under your Cigna of California policy by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also reach out to the rehab center you’re interested in attending and ask them to check your coverage based on the information you provide. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can also assist you with verifying your coverage. Contact us online, by phone, or fill out the SSVOB form below for more information on your specific plan.
What is Cigna of California?
Cigna is a global health services company dedicated to providing quality healthcare to its members while delivering convenient services.4 Cigna of California is a branch of Cigna that serves millions of Californians and offers a wide array of products, services, and tools to their clients and individuals. 5 General Information They provide various HMO plans, Network plans, and Point-of-Service plans for individuals, families, and employers.5 General Information
Most Cigna of California plans offer coverage for mental health and substance use disorder treatment. 5 Accessing Vision, Pharmacy and Mental Health and Substance Use Services Plans offered through employers may include the following mental health and substance use benefits:6
- A behavioral health network of licensed mental health providers
- Mental health services and follow-up case management services
- Consultations, outpatient services, and referral services
- Referrals to local community support groups, behavioral coaches, and online resources
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment services, combined with follow-up case management services
- Individualized coaching and support programs
Cigna of California understands the importance of providing quality care to its members and access to the best treatment options. Hundreds of in-network rehab centers and licensed therapists are available in California.7
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna CA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
No matter what substance you’re misusing, access to rehab treatment centers and addiction services is available through Cigna of California insurance. Common substances of abuse that you can receive treatment for through your insurance include:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Cigna of California Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Some, if not all, of the cost for various addiction treatment services will be covered under your Cigna of California policy. Your level of coverage will depend on different factors like your specific insurance plan, the type of treatment you choose, and the duration of treatment. Since everyone is different and one treatment won’t work for all, many services are available such as: 2 p.34 Treatment Facilities and Programs
- Inpatient and residential rehab: Inpatient and residential rehab can be particularly helpful for people with severe addictions. They provide a safe space to live while in recovery and separate from your everyday environment. Most standard programs last between 30 and 90 days, but longer stays are available. In inpatient rehab, you build healthy coping skills to better handle difficult situations and promote long-term sobriety.
- Outpatient rehab or therapy: Outpatient services are often helpful for treating mild to moderate addictions. Like inpatient rehabs, care options such as medical detox and behavioral therapies are available. You can still live at home while focusing on developing coping skills to fight addiction triggers and prevent relapse.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigid outpatient programs that require you to visit a treatment center multiple times a week based on your schedule. You can also remain living at home while attending an IOP.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs or day programs allow you to live at home while seeking treatment and are similar to inpatient rehab. You must visit a treatment facility at least 5 days a week for about 5 hours a day.
Does Cigna of California Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires insurance providers to provide coverage for a portion of the cost of essential health benefits.8 Since mental health care is an essential health benefit, treatment for stand-alone heroin rehab and conditions like co-occurring disorders will always be covered under your Cigna of California policy.8
Co-occurring disorders or “dual diagnoses” happen when someone struggles with a mental health disorder, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) along with addiction.9 intro Nearly half of the 21 million people fighting substance use disorder also have a mental illness.9 intro
Mental health professionals believe the onset of co-occurring disorders differs from person to person but often happens in 2 different ways.9 does one cause the other Some people develop an addiction by trying to self-medicate or relieve the symptoms of their mental health illness with substances.9 does one cause the other Others develop a mental health illness from prolonged drug use.9 does one cause the other Either way, mental health professionals recommend treating both disorders simultaneously to promote long-term recovery. 9 what should I do
How Long Does Cigna of California Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Your Cigna of California coverage for inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs will vary depending on how long you remain in treatment. When it comes to addiction treatment, everyone is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. But mental health professionals recommend longer treatment times for the most effective results.10 p. 5 #5 The appropriate duration of treatment will depend on the severity of your addiction and your unique needs.10 p. 5 #5 Since addiction recovery is often a long and difficult process, professionals recommend remaining in treatment for at least 3 months or longer for significant results.10 p. 5 #5
As you spend more time in treatment, costs will increase. Like most insurance plans, Cigna of California caps expenses for different services. Because there are so many tiers of coverage and types of policies, the length of time covered by your insurance will depend on your specific plan.
To find out more about how long your Cigna of California insurance will cover treatment, call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What if my Cigna of California policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Cigna of California policy doesn’t cover an inpatient drug rehab program you’re interested in attending, don’t be discouraged. Instead of pushing it off for another day, getting treatment as soon as possible is the best choice.
Several other options to pay for treatment are available that you may be eligible for. Many federal, state, and local organizations offer access to different grants, scholarships, and other financial aid to fund addiction treatment. Some, if not all, of the cost of addiction treatment, could be covered through the following:
- Government-funded programs: Block grants are available through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for at-risk and high-risk populations. Anyone struggling with addiction, especially mothers, expecting mothers, and IV drug users, is encouraged to apply for financial assistance for substance abuse treatment.3 What is a Block Grant?
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Many state and community organizations offer scholarships to partially or fully cover the costs of addiction treatment services like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient services, and behavioral therapy.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): The ACA assists people with low or no income to cover addiction treatment services.8
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): The VA assists Veterans struggling with addiction or mental health issues. Depending on eligibility, you can receive financial aid for a variety of services, like medical detox, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), outpatient therapy, and mental health treatment.11 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: Banks and lenders specializing in funding substance use treatment offer loans for financial assistance. If you know someone who can fund your recovery, taking a private loan is also an option.
Cigna of California In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Your Cigna of California policy will include a list of in-network providers for healthcare services. In-network providers are doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers contracted through Cigna of California to provide medical care to members. A provider that isn’t contracted with your plan is called an out-of-network provider.
Choosing a provider in your network is the best way to ensure that at least some of the cost for inpatient drug rehab and other addiction services will be covered. You may still have to pay out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles or co-pays, but if you choose a provider outside your network, you’ll likely pay most costs alone.
To check whether a treatment provider is in or out of your network, you can reach out directly to the provider, call the number on the back of your insurance card, or contact AAC for assistance.
How to find Cigna of California covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in CA?
AAC can verify your insurance coverage and help you find an inpatient drug treatment center covered under your Cigna of California plan. Call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. You can also reach out to one of our agents through online chat for assistance. Every year hundreds of people attend rehab financed through Cigna of California.
AAC provides access to some of the best treatment centers nationwide. Our top-notch California facility, Laguna Treatment Center, delivers high-quality addiction treatment plans offering services like medical detox, inpatient residential treatment, addiction-focused healthcare, and addiction aftercare. Located in Laguna Beach, this facility provides an upscale treatment experience with exclusive amenities and expert medical care while supporting patients through individualized services.
Starting the journey to recovery can be difficult at first, but AAC is here to help you along the way. Understanding what’s covered under your insurance can give you peace of mind. Find out more about your Cigna of California coverage and other ways to pay for treatment.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
- California.gov. (2022). Living.
- California Health Care Almanac. (2022). Substance use in California, 2022: Prevalence and treatment.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance abuse and mental health block grants.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Company profile.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Cigna in California.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Mental health and substance use benefits.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Find a doctor.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2022). Substance use treatment for veterans.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID