Cigna Missouri Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Cigna Missouri: Rehab & Detox Centers in MO That Take Cigna Insurance
Missouri is a Midwestern state of over 6,000,000 people.1, State Facts The 2 largest cities are also the most well-known, Kansas City and St. Louis.1, state facts Missouri has tasty barbecue and beautiful natural landscapes, but Missourians also have struggles—including with substance use.
The 2020 Behavioral Health Barometer for Missouri, published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), found that 15.2% of Missouri residents over the age of 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 5.1% struggled with alcohol use disorder in the past year.2, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph of both
If you’re struggling with substance use and want to break free, you know that getting the right treatment is essential. This guide will help you understand how to use your Cigna of Missouri insurance to help pay for rehab.
Does Cigna of Missouri insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Can Cigna of Missouri coverage help you get the care you need for rehab? Yes—the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include substance use and mental health treatment.3, fifth bullet This means that your health insurance can help pay some or all of the costs of rehab.
Each Cigna of Missouri plan is different, so it’s important to know the details before you commit to a treatment program. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card, or you can contact American Addiction Center (AAC) at any time. We’re available by online chat, over the phone, or by filling out the form below.
When you understand the details of your health insurance plan, you can maximize your benefits and get the care you need.
What is Cigna of Missouri?
Cigna is a multi-national health services company committed to providing high-quality healthcare to members and their communities.4, first paragraph The company has 190 million customer and patient relationships around the globe and a workforce of 70,000 employees.4, first and second paragraphs
Cigna focuses on building partnerships both internally and externally, in their employee teams and in the communities they serve.4, second paragraph This allows them to create personalized health solutions and promote health everywhere they operate.4, second paragraph
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna MO Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
There are a lot of substances that Americans misuse. Some of the most common are alcohol, opioids, prescription drugs, heroin, crystal meth, and cocaine.5, table
Whether you struggle with these substances or others, the good news is that you can break free by getting the right treatment. Even better, your Cigna of Missouri health and rehab coverage can help pay some or all of the cost.
Get started today building a life you love.
How Much Does Cigna of Missouri Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Different people need different treatment plans, which is why you want to work closely with your doctor to determine the right plan for you. Be honest with your doctor about what you use, how often, your home environment, and more. Your doctor’s recommendations will guide the coverage your Cigna plan provides.
The most common types of treatment include:6
- Inpatient/residential rehab. Inpatient treatment provides individuals with a safe, supportive, and structured environment to recover from substance use. You stay at a rehab facility and receive 24-hour support from trained professionals who develop customized treatment plans that address your unique needs. Treatment includes counseling, educational programs, and medication management (if required).
- Outpatient rehab/therapy. Outpatient treatment is designed to provide you with the necessary tools and resources to help you develop healthier coping skills. Through individual and group counseling sessions, you’ll learn how to address your substance use while still having the opportunity to attend school or work. You also receive education on drug abuse, relapse prevention, stress management, communication strategies, goal setting, and other important topics.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). IOPs involve attending therapy and educational programs several hours per day, multiple days a week. IOPs are structured to provide you with guidance and support, helping you build the skills you need to live life without substance use. You can go home each night, but treatment is more focused than normal outpatient care.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). PHPs provide a unique treatment solution for individuals who do not require full inpatient care but will still benefit from a structured, supportive environment. PHP programs are designed to provide patients with the tools and skills needed to better cope with their stress without turning to substance abuse. In the evenings and on weekends, they can put these new skills into practice while still receiving support from the recovery center.
No matter what treatment options are part of your rehab process, what’s most important is that you complete your personal plan entirely. It’s common to want to stop treatment when you start to feel better, but the only way to set yourself up for success long-term is to fully complete your treatment plan.
Does Cigna of Missouri Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
If you struggle with mental health and substance use at the same time, you might feel especially isolated. However, this combination is more common than you might think. In fact, 50% of those who struggle with substance use also have a mental health diagnosis, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.7, second paragraph
What’s most important when you have these 2 conditions together is to treat both your mental health and substance use at the same time. This kind of integrated treatment gives you a far better chance of long-term success than treating only one or the other.8, first paragraph
Is there Cigna mental health coverage that can help you pay for the care you need? Yes, there is—mental health care is one of the 10 essential health benefits required by the ACA.3, fifth bullet. That means you can rely on your health insurance to help you pay for the integrated treatment you need with a co-occurring disorder.
How Long Does Cigna of Missouri Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
How long is rehab? We hear this question often, but the answer is different for each person. Your program will vary depending on your specific needs.
Studies show that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use, including quitting, which is why many treatment programs are at least three months long.9, fifth point However, your specific treatment process may be longer and may combine different treatment programs, such as inpatient and outpatient care. What’s important is to complete your personalized treatment fully so you have the best chance of long-term recovery.
Different Cigna of Missouri drug rehab plans will have different requirements and limits, so it’s important to know the details of your plan before you start treatment. You can call Cigna directly or you can reach out to AAC anytime, day or night. Our admissions navigators can verify your insurance in just a few minutes and answer any questions you have about rehab.
What if my Cigna of Missouri policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
As you look at different treatment options, you might find out that your insurance plan only covers part of the cost of treatment, and you have to pay the rest. Or, you might find that your preferred treatment program is not one of the covered Cigna of Missouri rehabilitation centers, so you have to pay the full cost yourself.
Don’t let these financial obstacles hold you back from getting the care you need. There are many ways to pay for rehab, and your insurance is only part of the solution. Some treatment centers allow you to set up a payment plan for your portion of the costs, or you might find out that the rehab offers scholarships.
Many people also borrow money from family and friends to pay for rehab. There’s no doubt that when you’re free from substance use, you’ll be more productive and far better able to manage your financial obligations.
What’s most important is to not put off getting treatment due to the cost. Substance use has long-term health and legal consequences and it’s vital to get the care you need before it’s too late.
Cigna of Missouri In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When you look at your treatment options, you might notice that one center is an “in-network” Cigna of Missouri treatment center, while another center is “out-of-network.” What does that mean for you? Every insurance plan has a group of medical professionals and centers that agree to treat plan members for a lower cost in return for referrals.10, p.1 What is a provider network This group is known as the insurance plan’s network.10, p.1 What is a provider network
When you choose a treatment center that’s in the network, you pay less out-of-pocket, and you’ll maximize your insurance coverage.10, p.2, Why do some plans cover benefits… However, many insurance plans have no coverage outside the network, so if you choose a center that’s not part of the network, you may have to pay the full costs yourself.10, p.2, Why do some plans cover benefits…
To get the most out of your insurance plan and keep your own costs low, try to choose a Cigna of Missouri rehab center. However, if you can’t, don’t panic—as we mentioned earlier, there are many ways to pay for rehab.
How to find Cigna of Missouri covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MO?
To find out which treatment centers are part of your insurance network, you can contact the insurance company directly, or you can reach out to AAC anytime. Our admissions navigators can review your insurance in just a few minutes while they chat with you and help you understand your options.
AAC is proud to operate a number of high-quality treatment centers across the country. Our goal is to help you break free from substance use and create a life you’re proud of and excited to live.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
- Missouri State Website. (n.d.). Learn about Missouri.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, Missouri.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- Cigna.(2023). Company profile.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly used drugs.
- Findtreatment.gov. (2019, October). Treatment options.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of effective treatment.
- Marketplace.gov. (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID