Cigna North Carolina Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Cigna North Carolina: Rehab & Detox Centers in NC That Take Cigna Insurance
The state of North Carolina is an interesting, fascinating place to live in. Currently, the population of North Carolina is 10,698,973. 1 Quick Facts North Carolina Many of its residents live in the capital city of Raleigh, along with other major cities such as Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, Wilmington, and Morehead City. 2 North Carolina North Carolina is steeped in excitement and rich history; the infamous Babe Ruth hit his first home run at Cape Fear Fairgrounds, Krispy Kreme was founded there, and it is the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola. 3 75 Interesting Facts of North Carolina
Even though North Carolina is a fun place to live, there are still substance abuse issues there. According to the following statistics, we get a picture of substance abuse’s effects on the western area of the state:4 Why is substance misuse a key health issue in western North Carolina:
- About 46.5% of adults living in Western North Carolina reported that their life was negatively affected by substances, whether it was by someone else or they used it themselves.
- In 2021, about 12.5% of adults in Western North Carolina admitted to using opioids in the past year with or without a prescription.
- 14% of adults 18 and older smoked cigarettes in 2021.
- Excessive alcohol use was ranked as the third leading cause of preventable death in North Carolina.
Does Cigna North Carolina insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Cigna North Carolina has insurance plans that cover drug and alcohol treatment centers. However, coverage levels are determined by the specific type of Cigna plan that you choose. The types of substance use benefits and coverages are: 5 Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Benefits
- Access to case management and mental health services.
- Access to the behavioral health network of licensed mental health care providers.
- Consultations, outpatient, and referral services.
- Outpatient and Inpatient services with case management and follow-up services.
- Referrals to online resources, behavioral counselors, and local community support groups.
To learn more about your plan’s specific coverage, you can call the telephone number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to the rehab center(s) you might be interested in attending. You can also reach out to American Addiction Centers (AAC) via phone at 1-866-959-6822, the chat box function on our website, or through the SSVOB form below.
What is Cigna North Carolina?
Cigna North Carolina is a part of the global health services, Cigna.6 This company has over 190 million patient and customer relationships in over 30 jurisdictions and countries and over 70,000 employees.6 Company Profile Cigna has many different health plans that provide service to the abundance of members that they have. They also have substance abuse treatment under their many plans.
In the state of North Carolina, there are several substance use treatment providers and centers, including: 7 Designated Substance Use Flyer
- Wilmington Treatment Center.
- Pavillon International.
- Holy Hill Hospital.
- Fellowship Hall.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Behavioral First Step.
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna NC Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Cigna North Carolina rehabilitation treatment centers cover the following substances: 8 Commonly Used Drug Charts
- Prescription opioids
- Synthetic cannabinoids
How Much Does Cigna North Carolina Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Cigna North Carolina provides differing coverage according to the plan you have. An outline of the treatments that Cigna North Carolina provides either partial or full coverage for include the following: 9 Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): This type of treatment is a structured approach for those who have unsuccessfully completed lower levels of care. Treatment generally occurs 5–7 days per work for up to 8 hours each day. In addition, you may be able to live in a sober housing facility throughout the duration of your treatment.
- Outpatient therapy/rehabilitation: Outpatient therapy includes individualized counseling with trained therapists and can include an addictionologist or a psychiatrist.
- Inpatient/residential rehabilitation: This type of treatment lasts 28 days or more and involves 24/7 care. Patients live at the facility throughout the duration of their treatment. It is for people who have tried multiple attempts at other levels of care. This type of treatment can also include weekly family therapy.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This treatment encourages 12-Step program participation. It is set up and structured so that patients can work and go about their daily routines. Treatment usually occurs 5 days a week, 3–4 hours per day.
Does Cigna North Carolina Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Cigna North Carolina provides coverage for mental health care in their various healthcare plans. Persons who experience substance use disorders may also experience a co-occurring mental disorder. 10 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders Treatment for both should be treated in tandem instead of one at a time. 10 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders Treatment plans are available that treat both types of disorders. Some types of co-occurring disorders are: 10 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders
- Anxiety disorders.
- Personality disorders.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Cigna North Carolina and other insurance providers must allow for mental health and substance use disorder coverage. The ACA was enacted in March 2010, and is a comprehensive healthcare reform that supports innovative medical care delivery methods. 11 About the Affordable Care Act In addition, the ACA has a provision that allows for access to substance abuse treatment through the expansion of coverage and requires substance abuse disorder treatments be offered medical and surgical procedures. 12 The Affordable Care Act Transformation of Substance Use Disorder Treatment
How Long Does Cigna North Carolina Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), it is suggested that people need at least 3 months of treatment to stop or significantly lessen their drug usage and that spending at least this amount of time in treatment results in the best outcomes.13 Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) Because there are many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, the length of time covered by the insurance provider will depend on that person’s specific plan.
To find out how long your plan will cover treatment, look for your plan information on your insurance card. You can also call your insurance provider using the number on the back of your card.
What if my Cigna North Carolina policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Cigna North Carolina policy does not cover an inpatient drug rehabilitation program, you still have options. You can reach out to the treatment facilities you are interested in to see if they offer scholarships, grants, or financial assistance. It is important that you receive the treatment needed now rather than pushing it down the road.
Cigna North Carolina In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Cigna North Carolina insurance plans provide some level of coverage for inpatient drug rehabilitation centers. Out-of-network drug rehabilitation centers are not covered. Cigna North Carolina can provide you with a list of options to determine if the drug rehab is in-network or out-of-network. In-network coverage involves doctors and facilities that are in contract with the insurance company to provide different services.
How to find Cigna North Carolina covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in North Carolina?
Cigna North Carolina has coverage for inpatient drug rehabilitation treatment and comprehensive plans that allow for payment. To verify insurance coverage, you can reach out to an AAC representative. You are welcome to give us a call at 1-866-959-6822. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
AAC has helped several people who are seeking treatment. Our representatives can discuss any financial programs we have, help you select a facility that meets your needs, and assist you with learning about your insurance coverage.
Sunrise House Treatment Center is a highly respected drug rehab and detox facility located in New Jersey. They provide several services and treatments, and they accept Cigna North Carolina insurance plans. Some of the services and treatments they provide include:
- Medical detox.
- Addiction-focused healthcare.
- Inpatient residential.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quick facts North Carolina.
- Britannica.(2023). North Carolina.
- Destguides.(2023). 75 interesting facts about North Carolina you should know.
- WNC Health Network. (n.d.). Why is substance misuse a key health issue in western North Carolina?
- Cigna.(n.d.). Mental health and substance use treatment benefits.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Company profile.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Designated substance use treatment providers.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Treatment substance use disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- HHS.gov (n.d.). About the Affordable Care Act.
- National Library of Medicine. (2017). The Affordable Care Act transformation of substance use disorder treatment.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID