Cigna Georgia: Rehab & Detox Centers in GA That Take Cigna Insurance
When you think of Georgia, the Georgia peach, or its capital, Atlanta may come to mind. Nicknamed the Peach State, Georgia is well known for its Southern hospitality.1 Georgia is also the birthplace of iconic leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. and has several beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and historical landmarks.1 Besides Atlanta, many visit Georgia to experience its other popular cities like Savannah, Augusta, and Athens.1
The state of Georgia is home to almost 10.9 million Americans.2 Substance use continues to be a public health issue across the nation. This is no different for Georgia, where 1,916 residents died of drug overdoses in 2020.3 Georgia Like most states in the U.S., opioids, particularly fentanyl, are responsible for a sharp rise in overdose deaths in Georgia.4 general overview In 2020, 67% of overdose deaths in Georgia were related to opioids.4 general overview Stimulant-related deaths also increased by 546% from 2010 to 2020.4 general overview
The Georgia Department of Public Health has been responding to the opioid crisis by carefully monitoring drug overdoses and implementing programs to assist those struggling with addiction.4 general overview As Georgia expands access to addiction treatment, many options like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient services, health assessments, behavioral therapies, and addiction aftercare are available.5 Non-Intensive Outpatient Services (Core Benefit Package) + Specialty Services
If you’re ready to seek addiction treatment, there are many ways to get help, even if you don’t have insurance.6 What are the Purposes of a Block Grant? If you have Cigna of Georgia insurance, some, if not all, of the cost for rehab and detox centers could be covered.
Does Cigna of Georgia insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Yes, Cigna of Georgia insurance covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab centers. Cigna of Georgia takes pride in delivering top-quality healthcare services and providing access to the best treatment options.7 The coverage you receive will be based on different factors like the duration of treatment, the treatment you need, and your specific policy. Depending on your insurance plan, a portion or all of the costs for addiction treatment options like inpatient rehab and outpatient services will be covered.
You can find out more about your specific Cigna of Georgia coverage in a few ways. Call the number on the back of your insurance card for more information about your policy. You can also reach out to rehab centers you’re interested in attending and have them check your coverage based on the information you provide. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can also assist you in verifying your insurance if you reach out by phone, online chat, or fill out the SSVOB form below.
What is Cigna of Georgia?
Cigna is a global health services company dedicated to providing quality healthcare to its members while delivering convenient services.7 Cigna of Georgia is a branch of Cigna that serves over 60 counties.8 p.5 A variety of affordable healthcare plans for individuals and families are available, offering flexible options to accommodate all members.8 p.2 Many Cigna of Georgia plans may include the following mental health and substance use benefits:9
- A behavioral health network of licensed mental health providers
- Mental health services and follow-up case management services
- Consultations, outpatient services, and referral services
- Referrals to local community support groups, behavioral coaches, and online resources
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment services, combined with follow-up case management services
- Individualized coaching and support programs
Cigna of Georgia understands the importance of providing quality substance use and mental health treatment services. That’s why every Cigna individual and family health plan includes some coverage for mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.8 p.2 Over 60 in-network rehabs are available in Georgia.10
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna GA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Cigna of Georgia covers rehab treatment, no matter what substance you’re misusing. Many types of addiction treatment services are available through Cigna of Georgia insurance for common substances of abuse, such as:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Cigna of Georgia Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The amount of coverage you receive for addiction treatment services will vary based on your specific plan, but some, if not all, of the cost will be covered. Different factors related to your specific needs, like the type of treatment you need, the length of treatment you’re required, and the treatment center you choose to attend, will all affect your level of coverage. Many options for addiction treatment are available, including:11 p. 32-37
- Inpatient or residential rehab programs: Inpatient programs are supportive, safe spaces where you live while in treatment. People who struggle with severe addictions often benefit from inpatient or residential rehab. Programs vary in length, with most lasting between 30 and 90 days. Inpatient programs often include medical detox, one-on-one counseling, and peer support groups so you can build new coping skills to help support long-term sobriety.
- Outpatient rehab or therapy: Outpatient programs are often a first start for people with mild to moderate addictions. With similar treatments to inpatient rehab, like therapy in individual and group settings, peer support groups, and counseling focused on building skills to prevent relapse, you can continue living at home and tending to commitments like work or family while seeking treatment.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs that require you to attend a certain number of times weekly.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, or day treatment programs, are facilities that require you to attend treatment for multiple hours weekly while living at home.
Does Cigna of Georgia Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Cigna of Georgia insurance provides coverage for the 10 essential health benefits, including behavioral and mental health care.8 p.2 All insurance companies are required to provide coverage for mental health care and treatment under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).12 This means that treatment for stand-alone heroin rehab and mental health illnesses like co-occurring disorders will always be covered under your Cigna of Georgia insurance plan.
Mental health care is often required to effectively treat co-occurring disorders or “dual diagnosis.”11 p. 26 It’s very common for someone who suffers from substance use disorder to also have a mental illness. Of the 21 million people struggling with addiction, nearly half also have a mental health illness like depression, anxiety, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or bipolar disorder.11 p. 12
Although the onset of co-occurring disorders isn’t clear, mental health professionals believe them to occur in 2 different ways.13 does one cause the other People can develop mental health illnesses from excessive substance use over time.13 does one cause the other It’s also possible to develop a substance use disorder from self-medication of an existing mental health illness with drugs or alcohol.13 does one cause the other No matter how they occur, mental health professionals recommend treating both illnesses simultaneously for the most effective recovery results.11 p. 26
How Long Does Cigna of Georgia Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Everyone’s needs are unique, and no one treatment will work for all, but mental health professionals agree the amount of time spent in treatment affects results.11 p.5 #5 Research shows that longer treatment times are most effective in preventing relapse.11 p.5 #5 The amount of time you spend in treatment will depend on factors specific to you and the severity of your addiction.
Addiction recovery is often a long and difficult process, sometimes requiring multiple times in treatment.11 p.5 #5 Professionals recommend remaining in treatment for at least 3 months or longer to promote long-term recovery.11 p.5 #5
The longer you spend in treatment, the more it will cost. You may be curious about the amount of time your Cigna of Georgia insurance will cover inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs. Your Cigna of Georgia policy will have a limit to the costs they’ll cover. Since there are so many different tiers of coverage and types of policies, the length of time covered under your insurance will vary based on your specific plan.
To find out more about how long your Cigna of Georgia insurance will cover treatment, call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to AAC for assistance.
What if my Cigna of Georgia policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
You may find a drug rehab program that’s best for you, but it isn’t covered under your Cigna of Georgia policy. In this case, there may still be many options for financial assistance. Federal, state, and local organizations offer scholarships, grants, and other financial aid to those seeking addiction treatment. Some possible options to finance your recovery include:
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): People with low or no income can apply for addiction treatment coverage through the Affordable Care Act.12
- Government-funded programs: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers block grants for financial aid to anyone struggling with addiction. High-risk and at-risk populations, especially IV drug users and mothers or expecting mothers, are highly encouraged to apply.6 What is a Block Grant?
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Many state and local programs provide scholarships to cover some of the costs of medical detox and addiction treatment services.
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): The VA offers financial assistance to veterans struggling with addiction through different services, like medical detox, outpatient therapy, and mental health treatment.14 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: Banks and lenders specializing in substance use treatment financing offer loans that can assist you in funding your recovery.
Finding the treatment you need as soon as possible is vital to your health and sobriety. Instead of pushing it off for later, find out more ways to pay for treatment.
Cigna of Georgia In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
A list of in-network providers is offered through your Cigna of Georgia plan. In-network providers are doctors, hospitals, facilities, and other healthcare providers contracted through your insurance to provide healthcare services. When you select a provider in your network, you’re guaranteed that a portion of the cost of your treatment will be covered. You’ll likely still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs, like deductibles and co-pays. But if you choose a provider outside of your network, you’ll often pay most costs on your own.
To find out whether a provider is in your network, reach out to them directly, call the number on the back of your insurance card, or contact AAC for assistance.
How to find Cigna of Georgia covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in GA?
AAC can help you find an inpatient drug rehab center covered under Cigna of Georgia insurance when you reach out to verify your insurance coverage. Call our helpline to speak directly with one of our agents, who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. Every year, hundreds of people go into rehab financed through Cigna of Georgia.
AAC provides access to some of the leading treatment centers in the nation. We understand that everyone is different and has unique needs. Our facilities offer individualized treatment programs and exclusive amenities and accommodations to best fit your needs.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
- Trip101.com. (2022). Top 11 things Georgia, USA, is famous for.
- Census.gov. (2022). QuickFacts: Georgia.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022). Drug overdose mortality by state.
- Georgia Department of Public Health. (2022). Opioid & substance misuse response.
- Georgia Department of Public Health. (2022). Substance abuse services for adults.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance abuse and mental health block grants.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Company profile.
- Cigna.(2023). 2023 Cigna health insurance plans.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Mental health and substance use benefits.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Find a doctor.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2022). Substance use treatment for veterans.