Cigna Mississippi Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Cigna Mississippi: Rehab & Detox Centers in MS That Take Cigna Insurance
Mississippi, known as the Magnolia State, was named after the Mississippi river that borders the western edge of the state.1, p. 2 almost 3 million people live in Mississippi, and more than half of the state is heavily forested, resulting in a lot of natural beauty.1, p. 2
However, like many other areas of the country, residents of Mississippi also struggle with substance use. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) found in its 2020 report that 11.8% of Mississippians over the age of 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 4.4% struggled with alcohol use disorder.2, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph on each
If you’re battling substance use, you might feel alone, but that’s far from the truth. In fact, with the right treatment, you can break free from addiction and live a life you love.
Does Cigna Mississippi insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Breaking free from substance use requires courage and the right treatment plan. How can you pay for treatment? If you have Cigna Mississippi insurance, your coverage can help pay for some or all of the cost of treatment.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include substance use and mental health treatment.3, fifth bullet That means your Cigna Mississippi coverage will help with at least some of the cost of rehab.
Each insurance plan will have its own requirements and limits, so it’s important to know the details of your plan before you commit to a treatment program. You can call the number on the back of your card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) at any time of day or night. We are always available to review your insurance, which takes just a few minutes and answer your questions about rehab.
What is Cigna Mississippi?
Cigna is a global health organization that operates throughout the United States, including in Mississippi.4, first paragraph The company has over 70,000 employees that work in partnership with each other and the 190 million customers and patients the company serves.4, first and second paragraph
The goal is to improve health outcomes by providing personalized solutions at the right time in the right setting.4, second and third paragraph In this way, Cigna can address a variety of health needs in a targeted way.4, third paragraph
Cigna has a global network of 1.5 million providers, clinics, and facilities and contracts with 99% of the pharmacies in the United States.4, our connections They also offer a 24/7/365 free national Veteran Support line and other benefits to members.4, our support
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna MS Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
People misuse substances for a variety of reasons. It may be to feel good, manage trauma, or due to social pressure and curiosity.5, why do people… Some of the most commonly abused drugs include prescription drugs, crystal meth, opioids, cocaine, alcohol, and marijuana.6, table
Whether you struggle with these substances or others, the good news is that with the right treatment, you can break free. Using your Cigna Mississippi drug rehab coverage can help you afford treatment and get you on the path to a much better life.
How Much Does Cigna Mississippi Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
What kind of treatment can you expect in rehab? The answer varies—each person has different needs. That’s why it’s important to work closely with your doctor and be honest about your substance use, frequency, home environment, and more.
Some of the most common treatment options include:
- Inpatient/residential rehab. Inpatient treatment offers a comprehensive approach to substance abuse treatment, providing patients with 24-hour medical and emotional support in a supportive, structured environment. During their stay, individuals receive a combination of group and individual therapy sessions to identify the root cause of their addiction and develop a personalized recovery plan.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy. Outpatient treatment involves attending sessions regularly, which focus on substance abuse education, relapse prevention, stress management, communication skills, and goal setting. This type of care is flexible, allowing those in the program to maintain their normal schedules while still making progress on their path to recovery. Outpatient treatment may follow a more intensive form of care, such as inpatient treatment programs.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) is a structured program designed to help individuals suffering from substance use disorder build the skills they need to live substance-free. This treatment option generally consists of a minimum of three hours of care per day, several days per week, and usually includes counseling, educational programs, and medication management if necessary.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs) provide a highly structured outpatient setting for individuals who struggle with substance abuse but do not require full residential care. PHP programs offer a range of services such as one-on-one therapy, group therapy, family meetings, medical services, and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
Regardless of which treatment options are part of your personalized process, what’s important is to complete your treatment program fully. It’s tempting to stop going when you start to feel better, but you’ll give yourself the best chance at long-term recovery only by finishing the programs.
Does Cigna Mississippi Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Many people who struggle with both mental health and substance use feel especially alone and isolated. However, this combination—known as a co-occurring disorder—is more common than you might think. In fact, 50% of those who battle substance use also have a mental health diagnosis.8, second paragraph
If you have a co-occurring disorder, what’s most important is to treat both your mental health and substance use at the same time. This type of integrated treatment gives you a much better chance of long-term recovery than just treating one or the other.9, first paragraph
Is there Cigna mental health coverage that you can use to get the integrated care you need? Yes, there is—the ACA includes mental health alongside substance use treatment in the list of 10 essential health benefits.3, fifth bullet That means you’ll have at least some coverage for this kind of treatment from your Cigna Mississippi health and rehab insurance.
How Long Does Cigna Mississippi Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
How long is rehab? We hear that question often, but there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. Your treatment program will depend on your doctor’s recommendations based on your needs.
Research shows that most people need a minimum of 90 days to make significant changes in their substance use, including quitting.10, fifth point That’s why you’ll see so many rehab programs that last three months or more.
Your treatment process may be significantly longer than 90 days and may include multiple approaches, such as both inpatient and outpatient treatment. What’s essential is to fully complete your program so that you give yourself the best chance at long-term success.
Different Cigna Mississippi rehab plans will have different requirements and limits, so it’s important to know the details of your coverage before you start treatment. You can contact Cigna directly or you can reach out to AAC through online chat, by phone, or by filling out the form below. Our admissions navigators can verify your insurance in just a few minutes while chatting with you.
What if my Cigna Mississippi policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
As you look at different treatment programs, you might find that your Cigna Mississippi addiction treatment coverage pays only part of the cost of rehab, and you have to pay the rest. Or, perhaps the program you’re interested in isn’t a covered Cigna Mississippi rehab center so you have to pay the full cost yourself.
Don’t let these financial challenges keep you from getting the care you need. There are many ways to pay for rehab, and your insurance is only part of the picture. Some treatment centers allow you to set up a payment plan for your portion of the cost, and others may offer scholarships. You can also borrow money from friends and family.
One thing you can’t afford to do is delay your treatment because of the cost. Substance use has serious long-term health and legal consequences that will cost you far more. It’s essential to break free from substance use before it’s too late.
Cigna Mississippi In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When you’re reviewing different treatment programs, you’ll notice that some are listed as “in-network” Cigna Mississippi rehabilitation centers, while others are “out-of-network.”
What does that mean for you? All insurance plans have a group of doctors and medical facilities that agree to treat plan members for a lower cost in return for referrals.11, p.1 What is a provider network This group is known as the plan’s network.11, p.1 What is a provider network
If you choose to get treatment from a provider or center within the network, you’ll maximize your insurance coverage and pay less yourself.11, p.2, Why do some plans cover benefits… However, if you choose an out-of-network program, you may have to pay the full cost yourself, as many insurance plans offer no out-of-network coverage.11, p.2, Why do some plans cover benefits…
If you can, choosing an in-network program will help you pay less out-of-pocket and make the most of your insurance coverage. However, if that’s not possible, don’t panic. Instead, remember that you have a lot of options for paying for rehab, as we mentioned above.
What’s important is that you get the treatment you need to recover from substance use.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
How to find Cigna Mississippi covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MS?
How do you know if a treatment center is an in-network Cigna Mississippi treatment center or not? You need to know the details of your insurance plan. You can call the insurer directly or you can reach out to AAC anytime, 24/7. You can reach us by online chat, over the phone.
- Official Website of Mississippi. (2022). Guide to the Magnolia State.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, Mississippi.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- Cigna.(2023). Company profile.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, July). Drug misuse and addiction.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly used drugs.
- Findtreatment.gov. (2019, October). Treatment options.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of effective treatment.
- Marketplace.gov. (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID