Cigna Nevada Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
Cigna Nevada: Rehab & Detox Centers in NV That Take Cigna Insurance
Nevada is a state filled with fun, excitement, and awesome history. The population was estimated at 3,177,772 people in 2022. 1 Quick Facts Nevada Carson City is the capital of Nevada, and the state has the following interesting facts: it is the 4th most seismically active state in the United States, 12 of the world’s largest hotels are located in Las Vegas, and 400,000 acres burn annually in Nevada. 2 History of Nevada
Although Nevada is an exciting place to live, some of its residents deal with substance abuse issues. According to statistics, Nevada residents age 12 and older experienced the following substance use issues in 2019: 3 Behavioral Health Barometer: Nevada, Volume 6
- 1% used tobacco.
- 9% used marijuana.
- 35% used heroin.
- 0% misused prescription pain relievers.
- 2% used opioids.
Does Cigna Nevada insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation insurance coverage are provided by Cigna Nevada. They have employer plans that contain benefits for substance abuse treatment. These plans provide access to the following: 4 Mental health and substance use treatment benefits
- Referrals to behavioral counselors, local community support groups, and online resources
- Outpatient services combined with follow-up services and case management, if needed
- Inpatient services combined with follow-up services and case management, if needed
- Personalized counseling programs and personalized support that adapt to your schedule and life challenges
To check your Cigna Nevada plan’s coverage, you can contact us at American Addiction Centers (AAC). You can reach us via telephone at 1-866-959-6822, the chat box form on our website, or SSVOB forms that you can fill out for further information. You can also look at the back of your insurance card and call the number there for more information.
What is Cigna Nevada?
Cigna Nevada is a part of Cigna, a global health services company based in Bloomfield, Connecticut.5 Company Profile Cigna provides insurance services to over 190 million patients and customers across 30 countries.5 Company Profile Cigna provides several different health plans to service the abundance of customers that they have, including substance abuse treatment under their plans.
The state of Nevada also has several drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers that are in-network with Cigna Nevada, which include: 6 Designated Substance Use
- Montevista Hospital.
- Seven Hills Hospital.
What Substance Addiction Does Cigna NV Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Cigna Nevada rehabilitation treatment centers cover the following substances:
- Prescription drugs
How Much Does Cigna Nevada Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The insurance coverage provided by Cigna Nevada differs according to the person and plan that they have. The treatments that Cigna Nevada may cover fully or partially are: 7 Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): This structured treatment may offer an arrangement for patients to reside in sober housing while attending the program. Partial hospitalization can assist patients who have issues with the completion of lower levels of care as well. Treatment is about 5–7 days per week for approximately 6–8 hours each day.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): This is a structured treatment that teaches patients about recovery and addiction. Patients are also encouraged to participate in 12-Step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). This type of treatment is generally 3–5 days per week and takes about 3–4 hours of treatment per day. Programs are structured so that the patient can continue their daily routine, such as attending school or going to work.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy: This type of treatment includes personalized counseling with a trained therapist. In addition, it may include an addictionologist or psychiatrist who can assist in determining whether medication will be helpful in treatment.
- Inpatient/residential rehab: This form of rehab is intended for people who do not need medical supervision. This type of addiction treatment is 28 days or more in duration.
Does Cigna Nevada Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Cigna Nevada does cover mental health care. Persons experiencing substance use disorders often have co-occurring mental health disorders as well. 8 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders As a result, under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurance providers like Cigna Nevada must provide mental health coverage and treatment.
The ACA provides greater access to substance abuse treatment through coverage expansions and regulatory changes that require coverage of substance abuse disorder treatments; the act requires substance use disorder treatments to be offered on par with surgical and medical procedures. 9 The Affordable Care Act Transformation of Substance Use Disorder Treatment Some disorders that might occur in those with substance use issues are: 8 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders
- Bipolar disorder.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Personality disorders.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
The integration of both treatment and screening for mental disorders and substance abuse disorders together leads to better health outcomes and a better quality of care for people living with these co-occurring disorders. 10 The Case for Screening and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders The following list includes some of the benefits of integrated treatment:10 The Case for Screening and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders:
- Improvement in the quality of life
- Lower arrests
- Increase in housing stability
- Discontinued or reduced substance use
- Improved functioning
- Decrease in hospitalization
How Long Does Cigna Nevada Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Coverage lengths of alcohol and drug rehab programs vary according to your specific Cigna Nevada plan. Plans have different coverage amounts and lengths. In order to find the length of time your plan will cover treatment, you can look up the information on the back of your Cigna Nevada insurance card. Research conducted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) suggests that at least 3 months of treatment can significantly lessen or stop drug usage, and that better outcomes occur with longer treatment. 11 Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition)
What if my Cigna Nevada policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Cigna Nevada policy does not cover an inpatient rehabilitation program or service, there are still options available to you. You can reach out to the different treatment facilities, and they can provide you with information about grants, financial assistance, and scholarships that they provide. Many of these treatment facilities are willing to assist you. It is much better to get treatment now instead of pushing it down the road.
Cigna Nevada In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network drug rehabilitation centers are in contract with Cigna Nevada. As a result, these centers are either partially or fully covered according to your specific plan. Out-of-network drug rehabilitation centers are not covered at all by Cigna Nevada. To determine if a rehab center is in-network or out-of-network, you can contact Cigna Nevada, and they will let you know your options.12 In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Providers
Why choose a Cigna Nevada in-network drug facility in Nevada?
It is better to choose an in-network drug facility in Nevada for several reasons. Out-of-network facilities cost more because they do not have contracted rates like in-network facilities. In addition, the in-network facilities help you save money, and most of the Cigna Nevada health plans provide access to facilities. 12 In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Providers
How to find Cigna Nevada covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in Nevada?
Cigna Nevada has several comprehensive plans and coverage a person can use for inpatient drug treatment. You can reach out to an AAC representative who can verify your insurance coverage. AAC has helped several people get treatment. We have representatives on standby who are available to assist you in getting into any financial programs we may have, learning what your insurance will cover, and selecting a facility that will either meet or exceed your needs.
One of our leading AAC treatment centers is Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. This treatment center offers the following services: co-occurring disorder treatment, safe medical detox, inpatient residential, addiction-focused healthcare, outpatient therapy, and telehealth addiction treatment. In addition, Desert Hope Treatment Center accepts Cigna Nevada insurance.
Cigna Approved Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Cigna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Cigna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Cigna insurance.
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Quick facts Nevada.
- NV.gov. (n.d.). History of Nevada.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Behavioral health barometer: Nevada, volume 6.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Mental health and substance use treatment benefits.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Company profile.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Designated substance use flyer.
- Cigna.(n.d.). Treatment for substance use disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- National Library of Medicine. (2017). The Affordable Care Act transformation of substance use disorder treatment.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). The case for screening and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- Cigna.(n.d.). In-network vs. out-of-network providers.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID